Skip to main content
- Download Filezilla from https://filezilla-project.org/
- Filezilla a common target for hackers. Please do not download it from any other source.
- Install Filezilla being careful to decline their “optional offers” you probably do not want any of these.
- After installation open the “site manager” by clicking the icon in the upper right hand corner. This opens the Site Manager window.
- In the Site manager window click “New Site” and another subwindow will pop up.
- Under “my sites” this will create a “New Site entry” Click on this and change it to “Ceres”
- In the Host box enter “login.scinet.usda.gov”
- Protocol should be “SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol”
- Logon Type should be “Interactive” (Asks for two-factor verification code)
- User is your Ceres username.
- Your window should now look like this:
- Now click “Connect” at the bottom and you should be prompted for your Ceres password.
- After entering your password and clicking “OK” You are connected to Ceres
- You can now transfer files in either direction by dragging them from one pane to the other.
- Your Ceres site definition is also saved and you can just click on the “Ceres” entry in Site Manager next time you need to move files.