Each year, the SCINet initiative accepts two types of requests:
1) proposals for SCINet-funded workshops or training led by the applicant(s), and
2) suggestions for workshops/training that you would like to see SCINet conduct.
Proposals for Self-led SCINet-funded Workshops or Training
The application period for self-led SCINet-funded workshops closed this year on Feb 1, 2020.
The FY21 application process will open later this year and a link to the application will be posted to this page in fall/winter 2020.
Suggestions for SCINet-led Workshops or Training
Suggestions for workshops or training that you see a need for and that SCINet should lead are accepted year-round at scinet_vrsc@USDA.GOV.
For full consideration of your suggestion, please include the following information in your email:
- Describe the proposed workshop or training. Include information such as the topic area(s), ideal event style(s) (hands-on, interactive, working session, conference), and any other pertinent information.
- What should the learning goals or outcomes of the event be?
- What pre-requisite skills/knowledge, if any, should be required to attend?
- What does the ideal audience (attendees) look like? (i.e. administration level, RLs, scientists, statisticians, postdocs, data managers, technicians, students, collaborators)
- Cite/link to a documented need for the proposed event. State whether the need is broad-based (spans multiple disciplines or research units), confined to a specific research unit/location, or limited to the needs of a single individual.
- List any ARS employees who are knowledgeable of the topic area / suggest people who could be involved in leading the event.