- Account Request:
To obtain a SCINet account, a SCINet Account Request must be submitted. The approval process depends on the affiliation of the requester.
- Terms and Conditions:
All SCINet Users must agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Password Expiration:
SCINet passwords expire
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
SCINet users are required to use second factor when authenticating to SCINet resources.
- Security Awareness Training:
Each Non-USDA SCINet account user will atttest to taking Annual Security Awareness Training.
- Account Deactivation:
SCINet accounts are subject to deactivation. Collaborator (Non-ARS) accounts expire.
- Re-establishing account:
SCINet users whose account has been deactivated for any reason will need to submit a new account request.
- Home Directories:
Home directory quota on all HPC clusters is automatically granted to all SCINet user accounts. You have space by default as a user, but you can request Project Allocation.
- Project Allocation Request: A SCINet Project Allocation Request form must be submitted by the project’s Principal Investigator (PI).
- Job queue policies are described in the User Guide for each of the clusters.
Queue policies are subject to periodic change.
- SCINet is a community resource.
Thus, all SCINet users have a responsibility to the other users on the system. There are restrictions on what software you can install.
- Users are responsible for securing their data.
Certain public datasets are made available to all SCINet users.