SCINet Onboarding (Intro to SCINet)
Users who are new to the HPC environment may benefit from the following Ceres onboarding video:
- Ceres Onboarding (Intro to SCINet Ceres HPC) (length 42:13)
Note: /KEEP storage discussed in the video at 16:20 is no longer available. Instead, data that cannot be easily reproduced should be manually backed up to Juno. The instructional video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3lnsCAfx3Q demonstrates how to transfer files between local computer, Ceres, Atlas, and Juno using Globus.
The onboarding video includes:
- logging on to Ceres
- changing your password
- storage structure
- basic SLURM job scheduler commands
- accessing Ceres software modules
- computing in interactive mode with salloc
- computing in batch mode with a batch script
The information in this video is also documented in the Ceres User Manual.