Practicum AI is a hands-on applied artificial intelligence (AI) curriculum intended for learners with limited coding and math background. To register for these courses, please fill out the registration form. You do not need to register for all courses and may instead register for only the courses that are most relevant to your work.
Course 1 – Getting Started with AI
This course provides a high-level overview of the concepts, history, and vocabulary of AI. You will get hands-on experience with simple online AI tools, experimenting with gathering data, and training a model. We will review the general process that underlies most AI application development pathways and briefly touch on ethical aspects of AI that will also help ensure more reliable AI models.
Prerequisites – None! This is our introductory course and assumes no technical background.
Objectives – Learners will be able to:
- Understand the interplay among and definitions of AI, machine learning, and data science.
- Recall significant historical events in AI and the advantages of high-performance computing for AI development.
- Recognize four real-world AI use cases, including datasets and model types.
- Comprehend the nature of AI models, identify major types, and the features required for each.
- Understand the AI application development process.
- Appreciate key principles in AI: transparency, inclusion, accountability, reliability, and security/privacy.